FIBRE WORKSHOP

We grouped back into our Lie Of The Land groups to start our Workshops. My first one was fibre, I was a bit curious into what this would do with graphics and yeah we had just started our project the day before so I didn't have much to go off other than the rings of coffee and hot chocolate. Turns out after 45 minutes of battling with computers, scanners and printers the workshop was something that really got me going with my idea and I love my idea for it.
























I used my ring of coffee idea to create rings of paper and lay them out like the stains that were left behind on the paper although once I did this and placed it on the white paper the whole idea became very flat and just lost all the life and movement it had previously, this is when the teacher suggested linking them all together either tearing and creating a somewhat paper chain or I could use the sewing maching to reflect the lines from my pad into the stitch so it would tie in together and yet be held together in a more interesting way that would be a completely knew way of looking at my stain work.



























Although after all the faff with the computers and getting stuck into my idea it was the end of the session and I had to leave my work, which I have to say that I LOVE! So I am going to go back and do lots next Wednesday as I feel this links well to my 'trash' project and the work I produce is going to be a successful piece that can go with the project or stand alone and still have an impact.

No comments: