WE DON'T SERVE FOOD HERE PT 1

Its been 4 weeks coming I am glad to say that after printing at least 1,000 coffee cup marks on a4, a3 & a2 paper the challenge of a 140x140 table cloth was a head of me.
The daunting task included buying brown fabric dye, which is near impossible as Hobbycraft stocks one shade of brown to my horror. (PRE PLANNING NEXT TIME)


























After pressing on with the first mark, the tension in the kitchen was intense. The fabric dye I had used before but on t-shirts so I was pretty confident with it working out also the colour and everything wasn't like the work I had been producing for the last 4 weeks. HoHum. 




























The technique that I made up was put a blob of the fabric dye and mix it with water on a plate making a thiner consistency like the consistency of a coffee, tea or drink I have been using.. It worked perfectly although in some of the images you can see a little bit of bleeding but I managed to avoid this after learning to soak up the access after a while of letting it soak in to get the main colour.. 



























Overall I was pretty happy with the design and how it turned out, as I decided to roll with the unstructured pattern as I felt it would work better as a table cloth is normally used in a formal setting an informal pattern would create the vibe that I want to pursue. How excittinggngnngnggn! 

No comments: