THEME IT EXPAND IT

So in the mad rush to finish off the other 6 projects. We got our final project called theme it expand it. basically. Merge the previous projects together to make some hybrid of a piece. My projects are all pretty different. Lie of the land was a weaved piece from a reeds. My word project was based off the I Heart NY - Milton Glaser style piece. Then I did my trash tablecloth. 
DILEMMA. 

I decided that I would focus on just parts of each of the 3 pieces. I started creating initial ideas to be able to see where I could go with the design as I focused on creating a poster as this would be the most effective way to combine all 3 ideas together. 
My first Idea was a I 'coffeecupstain' coffee.. As I thought it was playing on the different elements although mainly word and trash projects. 
I then designed another poster idea with the thumb from the word project in a weaved pattern e.g. a little of the lie of the land and a little word. 
These ideas worked.. I liked the thumb idea so I decided the work I am going to produce for my final piece would be based around thumb.. 
So I have started to use the thumb to create different types of weaves and patterns with the thumb design.

















































I felt with this pattern with the size of the thumbs being so big the pattern becomes less about the thumb as its quite an abstract pattern. I felt that using the overlapping style from the trash project.. a type of weaving from the lie of the land and the thumbs from word project I feel that the final result is pretty successful. I however am going to add a little hint of red to link more to the word project again. 




























I am overall happy with the final design I have come up with for my Theme It Expand It project!

No comments: